• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• These terms shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and the user hereby is subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
Federation Of Public Listed Companies Bhd (FPLC) respects individuals data privacy.
This privacy notice for personal data ("Personal Data Privacy Notice") is to inform all our valued members, stakeholders and website users of website www.fplc.com.my, Federation Of Public Listed Companies Bhd ( FPLC ) pursuant to the statutory requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA").
This Policy applies to personal information about individuals (members, event participants, suppliers, service providers, business partners) held by us. We will only process your Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, the applicable regulations, guidelines, orders made under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and any statutory amendments or re-enactments made of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 from time to time (collectively referred to as the "PDPA").
This notice represents FPLC's policy with regard to your personal data collected and your agreement to the usage and processing of your personal data for purposes set out below.
"Personal Data" shall mean information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email address, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, educational and accomplishments, current employment, company details, the industry in which you work in, any other additional personal information provided by you to FPLC in the registration forms, application forms or other similar forms collected, compiled, processed and maintained by FPLC from time to time. During your course of dealing with us, we will collect and process your personal data for purposes, including, to communicate with you, provide information and/or services to you, respond to your enquiries or complaints, and/or updates on services and/or promotions offered by us. We may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation, at any events, seminars, road shows, participant satisfaction surveys organised and/or sponsored by us, as well as from publicly available sources. Some examples of how personal data can be collected:
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
• By using FPLC website and when you register your details on our website
• When you sign up for FPLC's membership;
• When you complete registration forms for our events including conferences, forums, seminars, summits, training, functions requests or applications for our services (by phone, in person, e-mail, or electronically);
• When you interact and communicate with FPLC at any events, functions any other activities organised by us;
• Links to third-parties'websites;
• From cookies used on the websites;
• From publicly available sources such as directories;
• Through any additional information provided by you to FPLC from time to time in connection with queries, comments, feedback and survey;
• When you communicate with us directly via our secretariat, in relation to our events, and services (in person, by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
• If you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process for the purpose of assessment. We may also collect information about you from your nominated referees where you have authorised us to do so.
PURPOSES OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
FPLC may use and process your Personal Data which shall include, without limitation to the following ("the Purposes")
1. To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by FPLC and collaborative partner(s) by mail, email, telephone call, text messaging and any other modes of communication;
2. For marketing communications and promotional purposes;
3. To process and approve your membership application;
4. To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity, benefits offered and changes to the event;
5. To perform FPLC's obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
6. To facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by FPLC for engaging you to provide services or products;
7. To develop, enhance and provide services you have requested and to meet your needs;
8. To process payments relating to any events or services you have provided;
9. To contact and communicate with you and your company;
10. To respond any queries and questions from you;
11. For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, data records;
12. For research, market survey and to analyze data profile;
13. To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special invitations, festive greetings;
14. For fraud prevention, detection, and prosecution; and
15. to disclose to all relevant authorities or parties as required under the law to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and directives.
16. To provide you with information and/or updates on our events, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time;
17. For direct marketing purposes via sms, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels to our members in accordance with their consent;
18. To facilitate our administration in your participation in our events including social and educational events
19. To maintain and update internal record keeping;
20. For internal administrative purpose;
21. To monitor, review and improve our events and services;
22. To administer and give effect to your commercial transactions with us contract for service, tenancy agreement);
23. To process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT CONSENTING TO THIS POLICY
The collection of your Personal Data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the Purposes for which your Personal Data is collected. Where it is obligatory for you to provide us with your Personal Data, and you fail or choose not to provide us with such data, or do not consent to the above or this Policy, we will not be able to provide services or otherwise deal with you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes below. Further, FPLC may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to this section include, without limitation:-
Parties with whom FPLC collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
• Event management companies and event sponsors;
• Service providers including, information technology (IT) service providers for support, software and development work;
• Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
• Other entities dealing with FPLC;
• The general public when you join our event and we publish photographs on our website;
• Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We aim to keep all Personal Data as accurate, complete, not misleading, up-to-date and reliable as possible. Therefore, the accuracy of your Personal Data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. As such, it is a condition of us providing services and/or facilities to you that you
Warrant and declare that all your Personal Data submitted or to be submitted to us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all respects for purposes of acquiring or using the relevant services and/or facilities, and you have not withheld any Personal Data which may be material in any respect and that we are authorised to assume the accuracy and updated Personal Data given by you when processing such Personal Data); and
Promptly update us as and when such Personal Data provided earlier to us becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, outdated or changes in any way whatsoever by contacting us at the contact details below.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you have the right to request for access, to request for a copy of, request to update or correct your personal data held by us. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the PDPA) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data. You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data. (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes). In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any of your Personal Data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event your Personal Data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we endeavour, where practicable, to implement appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your Personal Data. We will make reasonable updates to its security measures from time to time and ensure the authorised third parties only use your Personal Data for the Purposes set out in this Policy.
Communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered- this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our reasonable control. If any part of the Site links you to other websites, those websites do not operate under this Policy and we do not accept any responsibility or liability arising from those websites. Likewise, if you subscribe to an application, content or a product from our strategic partner and you subsequently provide your Personal Data directly to that third party, that Personal Data will be subject to that third party's privacy/personal data protection policy (if they have such a policy) and not to this Policy.
FPLC reserves the right to revise, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time due to the changes in applicable laws and regulations. You shall be deemed to have agreed and accept of such revisions, updates or amendments without objection if you continue to be a member of FPLC or by continuing to communicate with FPLC or by your continued engagement with FPLC.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT
In order to process your Personal Data, we are required to obtain your consent. By submitting your personal data to us, to communicating and attending FPLC's events or by virtue of your engagement with FPLC, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and understood, agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by FPLC as outlined in this Personal Data Privacy Notice. We will also take it that all personal data provided by you are accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your personal data. Please let us know as soon as possible if you do not wish for us to process your Personal Data so as to enable us to remove, destruct and/or delete the same from our records and systems. If we do not receive any response from you, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same. Please note that if you do not consent, we cannot process your information and will not be able to continue all the purposes as outlined above. Your written request should be addressed to:
By Mail :
Federation of Public Listed Companies Bhd (FPLC)
A-16-03 Pinnacle PJ, Lorong Utara C, PJS 52, Petaling Jaya, 46200 Selangor
Contact Person : Liew Huei Ling
Telephone No. : 603-79322317/603-79322319
Operating Hours : 9.30am-6.00pm from Mondays-Fridays Weekends and Public Holidays : ( Close )
FEDERATION OF PUBLIC LISTED COMPANIES BHD ( FPLC ) OWNS AND OPERATES THE WEB SITE WWW.FPLC.COM.MY
FPLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF USE, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE. WHILE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS PERIODICALLY UPDATED AND WHILE CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE PREPARATION OF INFORMATION ON THIS SITE, FPLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR INCOMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE.NO GUARANTEE IS GIVEN THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS WEB SITE IS CORRECT, COMPLETE, AND UP-TO-DATE.
ALTHOUGH THE FPLC WEB SITE MAY INCLUDE LINKS PROVIDING DIRECT ACCESS TO OTHER INTERNET RESOURCES, INCLUDING WEB SITES, FPLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THESE SITES.
LINKS FROM FPLC TO THIRD-PARTY SITES DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT BY FPLC OF THE PARTIES OR THEIR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. THE APPEARANCE ON THE WEB SITE OF ADVERTISEMENTS AND PRODUCT OR SERVICE INFORMATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT BY FPLC. PRODUCT INFORMATION IS BASED SOLELY ON MATERIAL RECEIVED FROM SUPPLIERS.
NO PART OF THIS SITE MAY BE LINKED TO ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE FPLC